Thankful Thursday: Thankful that I haven't had a blender breakdown on me since about 2012 when I made the decision to buy my Vitamix!!
I made a pretty sweet tasting smoothie using my Vitamix today. Usually I just throw stuff in it, but today I decided to follow a recipe.
Since my 5 year olds haven't been taking in as many fluids as I'd like, I decided that I'd make some popsicles that have coconut water in them. From what I understand, coconut water hydrates faster than your standard H2O.
So here's my recipe - I modified one from my Vitamix recipe book!
1 cup of Vita Coco Pure Coconut Water with Pineapple and Mango (omit water if using fresh fruit and add up to 2 cups of ice instead)
1 ripe banana, peeled
1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
1 cup frozen unsweetened strawberries
1/3 frozen unsweetened blueberries
1/3 frozen cranberries
1. Place all ingredients into your blender (or Vitamix) in the order listed and secure the lid.
2. For best results, allow the frozen fruit to thaw at room temperature for 10 minutes before blending.
3. Select Variable 1 if using a Vitamix
4. Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to high. Blend for 40 seconds or until desired consistency is reached.
5. Drink as is or pour into popsicle molds and freeze. I used Zipzicles.
If you've got some tried and true popsicle recipes you can share, I'd love to hear from you! Especially if they are easy and don't take too much prep time. I'm all about simplicity!
Allison Marschean is a wife and mother of 8 year old twins girls and a 2 year old baby girl who is kicking an autoimmune disorder to the curb with food and fitness, all while living her dimensions!